Surely at times, you have had the inconvenience that your browser does not work or does not go as fast as it should go or you would like, this is a very recurring problem for Google Chrome users. Although it is one of the most used web browsers in the world today, due to its reliability and fast operation compared to others. At times, this can be affected by various factors that we will detail below.
In this tutorial, we are going to explain to you, step by step, how you can correctly configure your web browser so that you can enjoy speed and better performance when using it. Some alternatives need you to follow them exactly as indicated since they can generate critical changes in the browser and a bad implementation will force you to reinstall it again.
Keep in mind that speed and performance are two very different terms, so possibly the changes you make in your browser affect one side more than the other, that is: it will increase speed or performance. So try to make as many adjustments as possible.
Steps and tricks to speed up download and browsing speed in Google Chrome
There are different tricks and steps that can be used to improve the speed with which you can navigate using Google Chrome. As well as to optimize its performance, so that it does not need many resources on your computer. This in order to alleviate the load with which the RAM memory has to work when using the browser.
You may have extensions installed in your browser that are not necessary and you may think that they do not affect anything, but what you don’t know is that they can perform tasks in the background, causing the loading of web pages to be reduced. Eliminating them is an option to improve the performance and speed with which your browser works.
How can you remove the extensions? Very easy:
- Enter ” Google Chrome.”
- Click the ” Options” button. It is in the upper right.
- Choose “Settings.”
- In the next window look for the option “Settings” and choose “Extensions”.
- In the next window, you will be able to delete or deactivate all the ones you have installed. If you are going to delete them, you just have to click on the “Delete” button, this will throw you a verification box, press “Delete” again and you will have completed the procedure.
Speed up and Optimize Google Chrome
Although it is a fairly powerful browser, in certain cases it can consume a lot of space from your available RAM. This can be very negative in general for your computer since it slows it down when performing other functions, not only that also when using the browser. That is why it is necessary to perform a correct optimization of it so that it can function correctly without affecting you.
Read Also: How to fix Netflix not working on Android Pie Device
To perform the optimization you have to pay close attention to what will be presented next. Follow the steps in as much detail as possible, because you will have to edit the Google Chrome flags and an error or a wrong configuration will cause damage and to resolve them you will have to go through the process of reinstalling it.
- Go to “Settings”. Look for the option, “Advanced settings . “
- Then you will click on “System”.
- You will deactivate the option “Keep running applications in the background when closing Google Chrome”.
- The option to “Use hardware acceleration when available” will keep it activated.
- After completing these steps, restart your browser.
Configuration of the flags
This procedure must be carried out after having finished the previous one correctly, remember to be very careful, because as you previously read, a bad setting will cause irreversible errors in the browser and you will have to reinstall it, starting all the processes from scratch to improve performance.
- To enter the flag configuration options, you must place the following path in the search bar of the search engine. ” Chrome: // flags”.
- The following options must be configured as indicated: Override software
- Rendering list: ENABLE: Replaces the built-in software playlist, allowing GPU acceleration on unsupported system configurations.
- Fast tab/window close: ENABLE: Allows fast closing of tabs or windows.
- Smooth Scrolling: DISABLED: You can see that when you lower the pages with the mouse wheel, you will jerk many times, in exchange for this, the system gives you more performance when handling Google Chrome.
- Show Autofill predictions: DISABLE: Will annotate web forms with autocomplete field type predictions, such as placeholder text.
- Hardware-accelerated video decode. ENABLE: When necessary it can lean on your hardware components to go faster in heavy tasks.
- Automatic tab discarding: DEFAULT: If enabled, tabs will be automatically discarded from memory when memory is low. You can retrieve them by clicking on them.
- GPU rasterization: ENABLED: It will use your graphics card to rasterize web content.
- SafeSearch URLs reporting: DISABLED: If this option is enabled, inappropriate URLs can be reported to SafeSearch.
- You must restart your browser once you have finished these settings, for this you will click on the button that says “RELAUNCH NOW”, it will appear once you have made the first adjustment.
Remove unnecessary web applications
The process to remove the web applications that you have installed at the time and that you do not need now, is very simple. Disposing of these programs from your browser will not affect your browser. On the contrary, it will improve the speed with which you can work, since there will not be different subtasks that can be managed simultaneously.
- To enter this section you will write the following address in the search bar: ” Chrome: // apps”.
- In this window, you will choose which application you are going to remove.
- Right-click on it and choose the option “Uninstall from Chrome”.
- Confirm that you want to delete it and you will have completed the task.
Clear images and files from cache
The cache can fill with a lot of junk information, so this will affect the speed at which it can work. Consequently, the RAM memory can also be affected and cause it to fill up and slow down all processes.
To clear the cache you have to do the following:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on “History.”
- Choose the option “Clear browsing data.”
- A window will appear, in it you will click on the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- You will only choose the option “Cached files and images”.
- You will click on the “Delete data” button.
Update Google Chrome
Keeping your browser updated is very important, this task can solve program and application failures that generate slower operation, even with updates from the manufacturer. This can help you improve performance.
To update your Chrome browser you have to do the following:
- Click on “Settings.”
- Choose the “Help” option and then click on “Google Chrome Information”.
- The system will analyze the browser, and if there is an update it will download it immediately, you will only have to restart the browser to complete the process.
Use the page prediction service
This functionality allows your browser to load web pages faster, as well as fill out forms and other user data automatically. You just have to enter:
- Open “Settings.”
- Choose “Advanced Settings”.
- Go to the “Privacy and security” section. You will activate the option “Use a prediction service to load the pages faster”.
Remove malicious software and programs
Without a doubt, viruses and malicious software can cause crashes and slowness in both your browser and your computer. That is why it is necessary to carry out constant cleaning and checking to keep it working correctly and thus have it in safe mode.
There are different methods to do this, for example, using an anti-virus to scan all files on the PC. However, Google Chrome contains a tool to perform this task.
- Open “Settings.”
- Choose “Advanced Settings”.
- Click on the option “Recover settings and delete”> “Clean computer”.
- In the “Find and remove harmful software” section, click “Search”.
Upgrade your computer hardware
Sometimes the slowness of navigation is due to the fact that the user does not have a computer that supports the system, this is because it has little RAM or a processor with low power.
To solve this failure you must execute the following. Remember that at least your computer must have 2 GB of RAM memory, if this is not the case, add an extra that will help you in the same way. It should be noted that the higher it is, the better the performance and speed of the browser.
Read Also: How To Make Money On Instagram: Step-by-Step Guide
Use programs or extensions to improve performance
Some programs and extensions that you can find from the Google store dedicated to them, can improve the performance and speed with which the program works on your computer.
Next, we will leave you a brief list of which you can use for this purpose:
- Chrome Cleaner Pro
- Web Boost
- Speed-Up Browsing
- Private Browsing
- OneClick Cleaner for Chrome
- Better Browser
Reinstall Google Chrome
If you have carried out all the previous steps and your browser is still slow, it may be due to a failure in the program, so it is better to perform a completely clean installation of it. If you want to improve the experience when using it, you can make the previously explained settings to have better performance and speed from the beginning.